Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Submitted by: Peter S. Poulos
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. celtic salt
- 1 cup light cream, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1 tsp. finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the seasonings and cook one minute longer.
- Add the broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin and cream; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Pour the soup into a blender jar, cover, and blend until creamy.
- Serve hot.
To quadruple the ingredients (after you serve it the first time the news will spread!):
- 4 cups chopped white onion
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. celtic salt
- 4 cups light cream, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 4 tsp. finely chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
UC Libraries Cooks