Submitted by: Birsen Kaya
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup pancake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Whip sugar, yogurt and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add flour plus two eggs and continue to whip.
- Mix in the pancake mix with the remaining egg.
- After adding the baking soda, pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for about an hour.
- To make the syrup, place sugar and water with a few drops of lemon juice in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes after it comes to a boil.
- Pour hot syrup over cooled cake and refrigerate. Cut into desired shapes and Enjoy!
UC Libraries Cooks