7UP BUNDT CAKE
Submitted by June Taylor-Slaughter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 45 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 people
For the cake:
- 1-1/2 cups margarine or butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7UP®
For the glaze
- 3-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold 7UP®
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add in lemon extract and mix.
- Add in eggs and mix.
- Add in flour and mix.
- Add in 7UP® and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour batter into a well-greased jumbo Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or up to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make glaze. Using an electric hand mixer, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and 7UP®. Beat until smooth.
- Let cake stand in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Turn cake over onto a plate or platter, remove pan.
- Let cool, then drizzle with the glaze.
UC Libraries Cooks